Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday, January 17, 2008


This week has been crazy! I spent a couple of days in Phoenix producing a western regional conference for the National Association of Electrical Distributors. We stayed at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort. It is a fantastic hotel just outside Phoenix in the mountains that surround the city. Jim Sheridan and Jonathan Yeaworth went with me. The desert is such an amazing place - this hotel had rabbits and quail that wandered around the grounds everywhere you looked. It was pretty cool. Speaking of cool, the weather was a little chillier that I expected, but the sky was crystal blue and it was great to be in a beautiful, sunny place. 
I flew back last night and jumped into finishing up work on three major shows coming up in the next three weeks. I leave for Montreal on Monday for a week, then go straight to Dallas for back-to-back shows. We are also working on the American Cancer Association's 2008 Heart Gala and an Elvis tribute concert for Belmont University. Our scenic department is making great progress on our project for NCL's "JADE" cruise ship. Meanwhile, David Patton, Mindy Johnson, Garris Wimmer, Steve Kummer, Claire Williams, and Jennifer Pippin are auditioning in London this week. They had over 200 dancers and about 135 singers at the audition yesterday. This was the most we had ever had! In fact, they had to postpone callbacks to today since there were so many people there for the first round. I'm looking forward to seeing all the videos of the callbacks! 

Its time like this when I realize once again how blessed I am to be surrounded by so many great team members who are totally great at what they do. I am amazed at their energy and commitment to their craft. They are awesome! So much creativity and enthusiasm in one place....that's one of the reasons I love what I do so much, in spite of the crazy hours and outrageous stress that we're experiencing right now. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: