Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, 2008

THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY GREETINGS!

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the birthday emails and FACEBOOK postings today. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. It is sort of strange to have 9-11 as your birthday. For the first couple of years after the 9-11 tragedy, every airport security person in the world would offer condolences when they checked my ID and saw my birthdate. It's not so bad anymore, but I did think about changing the date in my mind just to avoid trying to celebrate on such a dark day in history.

The staff had a cookout for me today, and tonight I'm going to go someplace fun for dinner. I'm looking forward to seeing my family in Texas when I head down there tomorrow. 

Again, I really appreciate all the nice thoughts today! Love to you all.


No comments: