Saturday, June 23, 2007

Saturday, June 24, 2007


The party's over. We just arrived home from vacation. It was a great week, but all good vacations have to end at some point. We stopped at Peach Park in Clanton, Alabama, on the way home from Florida. Peach Park is this fruit-stand-turned-restaurant that has amazing fresh fruit pies, cobblers, and ice cream. It was 100 degrees outside, so the peach ice cream tasted great! Pulling away from Peach Park has signalled the inevitable end of vacation for the past 10 years. The peach pie somehow always helps ease the pain, though.

If you're wondering what's going on in the world of pop culture and music, just take a car trip with a bunch of teens. After watching the teenage kids pour over every pop entertainment rag this week, I got to listen to 10 hours of pretty much non-stop hip-hop and rap music today on the way home. When I protested about some of the lyrics, I was told these were the "edited" versions for radio. Amazing! As the father of 3 daughters, it is appalling to hear how women are referred to in a lot of the rap music I heard. Makes me sad that our culture seems to think this is ok.

Tomorrow, its back to the gym and back on the health wagon. Ok, health wagon would be a stretch. I'll settle for getting off my junk food binge that comes with vacations. Sigh...it was great while it lasted...

No comments: