Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday, July 22, 2007







I spent this weekend reliving my high school days with some of my favorite friends from my high school church youth group. We had a "reunion" of sorts at Tim and Kathy Parsons' home in Birmingham, Alabama. Many of my best friends from 30+ years ago were there to share stories, remember good times, and celebrate the lives of those who we'd lost. It was a peak experience which I will always cherish. I can't thank Kathy and Tim enough for opening their home to all of us. They were terrifically gracious hosts. It was perfect in every way! I spent Friday night at their house reminiscing with Kathy and Tim about the great times we had together back at Mountain Brook High School and Canterbury United Methodist Church. I have not laughed as much in years! While remembering was fun, it was even better to get to renew our friendships and share in the joys and trials each of us have experienced through these many years. I sincerely hope this will be the beginning of a new phase in our lifelong friendships. Thanks to all of you who made the sacrifice to come...let's do it again soon!

No comments: