Sunday, January 13, 2008

January 13, 2008

Today I attended the funeral of a good friend's mother. 

Norma Scoggins was the mother of Chance Scoggins, a long time studio singer friend and one of the best contemporary Christian music producers in Nashville. Jennifer Paige, Chance's sister, is a very successful international pop recording artist. And Jennifer Scoggins, Chance's wife, is one of our favorite partners that helps with scripts, graphics, and show coordination. It was an amazing service filled with heartfelt celebration of life, and the music was absolutely perfect for the occasion. My wife and I reconnected with many old friends from our studio singing days, so that was bittersweet. I also got to see my good friends Bill and Mary Kay Schreiber. We do a lot of work with their company, Orion Performance Group, but I had not seen them in person since their recent move to the Franklin, Tennessee, area. Jennifer Scoggins had worked with Orion a couple of years ago. I'm always amazed at how connections happen between people that would otherwise seem so improbable. 

Blessings on Chance, Jennifer, the Scoggins family, and all those friends who will mourn Norma's passing. 

No comments: