Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday, February 15, 2008

TGIF! It has been a long, but successful week at GMC. Our staff is busily preparing for shows in California and Florida next week, and our scenic team is onboard the Norwegian "JADE" installing scenery for 4 new shows. Meanwhile, we have two cruise casts in the rehearsal facility learning shows for the Celebrity Summit and Norwegian Jade. Curt Wallen is out on the Norwegian GEM doing a mid-contract visit, and Kelly Evans is on the Celebrity CONSTELLATION doing a maintenance visit.  A heartfelt "thanks" to all the families left at home here in Nashville for allowing their loved ones to venture forth on projects around the world. Many think all the travel we do is very "glamorous", but I can assure you its not. 

Yesterday, I had a wonderful Valentine surprise from two of my favorite young friends. Ella and Sam Thomas (Brandon Thomas's kids) brought me a bouquet of chocolate covered strawberries and pretzel sticks. I love the Thomas kids - they are incredibly sweet and they crack me up every time I see them. Thanks to Sheryl Thomas for bringing them by the office to visit!

I wanted to send out a word of encouragement to a great friend of many of us here at GMC. David Holloway is a successful event producer based in Nashville, and is one of our best long time clients. David was also the original general manager of our scenic company and was instrumental in helping us get our scenic department up and running.  He recently experienced a devastating setback as a result of a new business partnership gone bad. We wish David and his family the very best as he works to find a way through this situation. 

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! I'll try to post some shots of the new casts in rehearsal sometime in the next few days. 

No comments: