Tuesday, December 25, 2007

December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope your holiday was all you hoped it would be. Last night, my family and I sang at the Christmas eve service at our church. It was a really nice service, with lots of Christmas carols and candlelight. The highlight of the evening for me was hearing my wife and daughters singing the NSYNC arrangement of "O Holy Night." They were awesome! It was the first time they had performed together in the last couple of years. Eliza, my youngest daughter, sang lead and blew me away!  It was a perfect way to celebrate the spirit of Christmas. I sang "Some Children See Him", one of the Alfred Burt carols. It was fun to sing again (I sort of laid off the singing a few years ago when I had surgery on my neck and my vocal chords were affected). The service was beautiful and was the perfect way to start our family's Christmas celebration. 

Today was busy. We got up early, opened presents, and immediately went in to clean-up mode in order to be ready for breakfast with our neighbors by 10:00am. I got an IPOD Nano from my kids (thanks girls!) which will be great for all the hours I spend on planes. After a long winter's nap, we had dinner with my wife's brother and his family and my daughters fiance and their friends. It was a nice evening of laughter, good food, and reconnecting. And now its back to work for a couple of days before New Years. I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas Day filled with love and celebration. Happy Holidays!

No comments: