Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Greetings from NYC!! David and Denise Patton and I are on board the brand new  NORWEGIAN GEM for a two day inaugural cruise for agents and travel industry writers from the east coast. We met the ship in New York yesterday and boarded for a two-day cruise just off the coast of New Jersey. Last night, the ship was christened and the "IT GIRL" (this is the nickname of the "GEM") contest winner was announced. We and other key entertainment vendors to the cruise line had a fabulous dinner with Douglas Gray, the VP of Entertainment for NCL. That was followed by a performance by the GEM's resident cast of comedians from "Second City". Our show - "WORLD BEAT" will be performed tonight as the finale of the cruise. We are looking forward to seeing the cast perform again! I have some great photos I'll post tomorrow when I have access to land-based internet. 

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gary congrats of the Inauguration of the "GEM". It actually happened 35 minutes away from where I am now living in New Jersey. I want to say that it was an honor to have been a part of the installation team. I will be in the area when the ship pulls into port on the 5th of January. Can't wait to see her.
Again Thank you!
Vicky Nebeker-DeStasio
designercostumer@yahoo.com