Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday, March 24, 2008


OK, so I think of myself as being a little old to be hanging out backstage at rock concerts. Well, maybe not! This past Saturday, I not only got to go backstage, but I got to stand just offstage for an entire concert by "American Bang", my future son-in-law's band. They were playing in Nashville at the world famous "Exit Inn". The band has been touring heavily for the past year opening for several major acts like Lynard Synard. Last week, they created a major buzz when they played 8 shows at "South-by-Southwest", one of the country's most important music festivals for new bands. They are now headlining their own shows, and will have a record out on Warner Brothers this summer. The band has already had some amazing commercial success as the featured band on a Verizon wireless ad campaign and as the music for ABC's fall show promos last fall. They are terrific, and have tremendous potential for bringing rock back to radio! The energy onstage Saturday night was great and a new experience for me. Thanks to Ben Brown and the other guys in the band for allowing me to hang out. Does that make me a groupie?

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gary: As the father of the band's tour manager, I share your enthusiasm. I'm in the same age bracket for hanging out backstage but am looking forward to doing that. American Bang is going to be a commercial success. I'm badgering them to get a gig in Little Rock, so I can...hang out backstage!