Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

This has been an exciting week! I am on board Orient Lines' "Marco Polo" cruising in the Mediterranean. Today we are in Croatia. What a beautiful place! I was totally surprised by how clean and charming this country is. It has a medieval feel to all of the buildings, but the shopping and lifestyle is decidedly modern European. I had a chance to get off the ship yesterday and today for a couple of hours each time. Now I see why guests love the Marco Polo so much!

Last night the cast opened "Standing Room Only". They did a fantastic job, in spite of the headset mic problems in the first show. After some quick mid-show adjustments, the guys started using handheld mics and things began to go much more smoothly. The second show was 100% better - the cast had settled into the show more completely and the sound was much better. Way to go you guys! One more show to open on Friday, plus a couple of "bumpers". The costume team is frantically trying to get everything ready. We have our fingers crossed! The cast asked me to send their best to all of the folks back in Nashville who helped prepare them for their shows - Brandon, Jeff, Garris, Mindy, David, and the rest of the GMC team. the internet will not allow me to upload pictures from here on the ship, but I will try next time we're in port. We are in Greece tomorrow...more then!