Saturday, March 24, 2007

Saturday, March 24, 2007

This is a tree that just bloomed at the end of my street...beautiful!
What an amazing weekend! The weather has been unbelievable, and most of the trees are in full bloom. The cherry trees are breathtaking, and the Bradford Pears that were bloom-laden last weekend are now starting to turn green with fresh new leaves. Unfortunately, the pollen count is skyrocketing, so allergies are in full bloom, too. Tomorrow promises more of the same...definitely time to head out for a picnic or long walk in the park!

Last night, my wife and I spent a very pleasant evening with Sheryl and Brandon Thomas. They had us over for fondue (which was GREAT, I should add), and an evening of "getting to know you" conversation. Being with the Thomas' reminds me so much of our family not so long ago. They have three fabulous kids (as do we :-) and they are both singers, too. We shared life stories and memories, and laughed a lot. It was nice to get to know them better and make some great new friends! Our mutual friend Lauren came by for a few minutes while we were there..Lauren recently graduated from Belmont University's nursing program and has been a great encourager for Ellen during these past two years. Ellen will graduate from Belmont in May with a second degree in nursing (her first degree was from Belmont in vocal performance back in...well, a few years ago).

I got to do a walk through of a brand new $2 million dollar home today that my friend, David Holloway, is staging on behalf of the builder. It is amazing what a lot of money can buy! David is going to completely furnish the home - including all state of the art electronic and exercise equipment - prior to the home being placed on the market. It was cool to see how the other half lives! It will be an awesome estate home for someone who wants to live out in a secluded area. And there I was without my checkbook....sigh.


By popular demand, I'll try to take some new nature pics to post tomorrow. Have a great Sunday everyone! Ellen and I are doing a duet in church in the morning...say a prayer...I'm not sure I still remember how to sing!

No comments: