Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday, March 29, 2007


Last night, I had the great pleasure of being the keynote speaker at a meeting of the Independent Meeting Planners Association of Canada. After a harrowing day of cancelled and delayed flights, I finally made it to the show site about 20 minutes after the event had started. No worries, though...my hosts were incredibly helpful and understanding and the presentation started right on time. We talked about production companies, hot trends in production and media, and how producers and meeting planners can work together more effectively to maximize ROI for our clients. It was a great evening, especially since several of my buddies from past projects were in attendance. It was wonderful to see all my friends from the Orion / NAPA meeting team! I had been invited to speak by Bettyanne Sherrer, one of Canada's leading independent meeting planners and a leader in the IMPACanada group. A special thanks goes to my good friend Terry Cunningham for coming to the presentation (she had to cancel other plans to be there). Terry is my contact with Orion Performance Group and is one of the best planners I've known. A big SHOUT OUT goes to Jamie Lamont and Carol Ford for their help in making all of the logistical and travel arrangements. And thanks to Michelle for being such a great chauffer! What an outstanding group of meeting and event professionals! Here is a shot of several of us "networking" after the presentation.

To those of you who were at the meeting... I will be be forwarding a digital copy of my presentation to Jamie for distribution to anyone who might want it. Thanks again for being such terrific hosts!

No comments: